As a dog mom or dad, we always want our babies to be healthy! Here is a basic health checklist for everyday use. If anything is abnormal, please consult a vet! Don't wait!
- Nose: Healthy dogs should have a moist but not a runny nose. Except when they are sleeping, the nose will become less moist.
- Eyes: Check for eye crust or mucus.
- Ears: Check for ear wax and if the ears are more red than usual.
- Mouth: Check if they have an abnormal amount of drool or have a hard time breathing.
- Body Surface: Check for parasites, eczema, hair loss, or lumps.
- Belly: Check for abdominal swelling or abnormal build up of fluids.
- Anus: Check for secretions, lumps, bleeding, parasites, or eggs.
- Reproductive System: Check for bleeding. For female dogs, attention maybe needed if vaginal discharge has increased.
- Legs: Make sure they are able to walk normally. If they tend to lick or scratch an area it maybe an indication of an injury.
Let's stay healthy and happy together!
Sep 24, 2020